In writing, it is important to have a varied vocabulary to keep your work interesting and engaging. If you tend to use the same words repeatedly, it can make your writing repetitive and dull. One word that is often overused is « in agreement ». However, there are several alternatives to this phrase that can be used to add variety to your writing.
Here are some alternative phrases that you can use in place of « in agreement »:
1. Consensus – This word is used to describe a general agreement among a group of people.
Example: After a long discussion, the team was able to reach a consensus on the best course of action.
2. Concord – This word is similar in meaning to « agreement » and can be used to describe a situation where people have reached a harmonious agreement.
Example: The parties were able to find a concord on the terms of the agreement.
3. Accord – This word can be used to describe a formal agreement between two parties.
Example: The two countries signed an accord to promote trade between them.
4. Unity – This word can be used to describe a situation where people are in agreement and working together towards a common goal.
Example: The team showed great unity in their efforts to achieve their target.
5. Harmony – This word can be used to describe a situation where there is agreement and a sense of peace and tranquility.
Example: The meeting proceeded in harmony, with all parties respecting each other`s opinions.
In conclusion, there are several alternatives to the phrase « in agreement » that you can use in your writing. By using a varied vocabulary, you can keep your writing fresh and engaging and avoid using the same words repeatedly. Remember to choose the word that best suits the context and tone of your writing.